About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Saturday, September 5, 2009

Totally Off-Moded!

I grew up in a house of girls and since we didn't have any boys around I got my boys toy fix when I went to the Brown house. They had lego (and lots and lots of it!) and I would spend time playing lego with one of their boys in this great side room filled with lots of windows. So growing up I knew the importance of lego in a boys life and when God blessed my life with two little guys I knew that we'd have lego around. And do we ever!
We had an inside day earlier this week and I was asked to play lego with them. Sounds simple right? NOPE!! Inviting me to play lego means that the huge lego tub and lego table gets hauled into the living room so we have lots of space and so "Mom doesn't have to sit on the floor". Now the lego table was evenly divided between Tys and Ry and there wasn't a whole lot of space for me to build my stuff. So being the martyr that I am (sigh!!) I decided to rebuild some of the toys they had taken apart. But before I could do that I had go thru the whole huge tub and separate lego. Not an easy task I might add, but one I actually enjoy, because I am still legoing (I'm claiming that as a new word - "I legoed with my boys today, Hey do you to come over to do some legoing with me? - try it out and get back to me!!).

My first task was to find all the heads, legs, arms, accessories and tires from the huge tub, which took me about an hour! Every few minutes the boys would wander over to my pile and exclaim with joy that they had found something. They found it? HARDLY!!! Mommy sitting on her knees amidst a pile of lego found it.... but.... whatever, no big deal!
Anyways, I learned a new word that morning that has now been adopted into our home vocabulary. Anytime Tys or Ry found something cool I would hear ......."Wow! Totally Off Moded!!!". HUH? And it wasn't just once in a while it was everytime they decided something was what I used call cool, or wicked, or awesome, or sic. Nope toss those words out, we now use "TOTALLY OFF MODED!!!!!". Try it out, you may want to replace some of your other, totally out of date words and use it instead :-).
It was a great morning, afternoon and evening of legoing and I was told to take photos so we could send them into the lego people for them to publish in their magazine.

So check out these totally off moded photos of my guys and one of their passions.

Have a totally off moded long weekend!
I bet you didn't know that it wasn't just Jack Sparrow aboard the Black Pearl but the Skywalker family, Spiderman (in both his red and black suit), various storm troopers and R2D2?
I love how he crinkles his nose when he gets laughing. I hope he never ever loses it!
He has the sweetest smile and great twinkle in those eyes. Watch out girls!!
I love that this is what Tys loves to do with his quiet time, he can get really quiet!!! It's a great opposite to his hockey playing and bike riding!
Ry guy loves to build ramps and jumps with his lego, but rediscovered how great the pirate ship is when you can build ramps and jumps on it too!

No comments: