About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, October 2, 2009

Road Trip

I enjoy road trips, it means a few things - I'm getting out of PG for a little bit, I'm going to drink mad amounts of Coke, eat loads of M&M's, play music and sing along REALLY loudly and stop and take photos whenever I want. (well those last two happen when I road trip by myself - yesterday's road trip was not alone - so I didn't stop and take photos whenever I wanted.)
And believe me----- I WANTED! It was only a three hour drive from PG to Houston (BC not Texas, although that would have been nice!) and the drive was geeeeorgeous! The trees are turning color and around every bend was a beautiful shot, BUT it was raining just about the whole way and I had two extra passengers that didn't appreciate me stopping every few minutes. So no photos taken - but lots of singing and loud music happened (some mine, some the boys) and I ate a few M&M's and drank my Coke. It was great! The views were astounding and they seemed even better when I sing along with Chris Tomlin, Annie Lennox, Colin James or the boys CD's. Just for clarification my boys do enjoy Annie Lennox (walking on broken glass) and Colin James (just came back to say goodbye) all the other songs listened to required some sort of actions.

I just came back from another drive scouting out locations for tomorrow's wedding and in my typical neurotic indecisiveness I'm completely confused and will spend the rest of the evening mulling over the pros and cons of each spot. It takes me 10 minutes to figure out what to order for dinner, imagine how much more confused I am when it comes to photos that will grace the walls of someone's home for years to come. PRESSURE!! But, it's a good pressure, because all the locations are amazing, too amazing. Tys, Ry, Mom and I saw some cool stuff this afternoon - an old wasp hive (show and tell here we come), some real cool mushrooms, a lichen or two, lots of cool leaves and bear scat by the loader full. For those of you uninitiated into the wilds of northern BC that's bear poop. It was a dodge fest while we walked, but it intrigued the boys enough not to worry about running into a bear while walking through the trees!

So I've had two days of beautiful scenery around me and not one photo to show for it! But maybe that's a good thing because I always end up with a sore trigger finger by the end of every wedding - a trigger finger break might be a great idea.

I KNOW that I will have a plethora of beautiful shots tomorrow at Ken and Haley's wedding.

I'll be posting some from their wedding on Monday as I don't have my computer here with me.

But in the mean time I will leave you with a great fall photo - not taken on this road trip but on a little adventure Tysen, Rylen and I took earlier last week. I will post more from that trip another time too, but here's a peek at autumn from where I was standing. It is autumn in all it's splendor with a little attitude to boot.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To cute those boys!! You have a very eloquent way with words.....which sometimes surprises me since you used to use a David Meece tape to tell me something:)!!