About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Day of Firsts

So I experienced some exciting firsts today.... I made my first batch of turkey soup stock. I know I know "woop dee doo Carly!" but that is HUGE for me... I am not what one would ever ever call Martha Stewart (ish) at all. Apparently the longer you leave it simmering the better the stock so it's been simmering all day long. Ry has come up the stairs a few times today and said "ewwww what is THAT smell?" Which makes me wonder a little bit if I'm boiling water correctly! How can you have turkey stock go wrong? Check back in a couple of days and I may have an interesting story to tell. I'm sure that others could tell a story or two about my cooking escapades but I'll save that for another day when I'm low on ideas of what to post.

So back to my firsts.... I also ordered my first photo album online today. Super Super excited everyone! Someone else designs the wedding albums for my brides, but I decided to squeeze in a little album making time and did an engagement album/reception book. It would be for a couple to use in place of a guest book. I won't go into greater detail as you'll read more about it when I get it in the mail which is going to take like forever!


Another first - I made a lemon meringue pie today too. Again not Betty Crocker here, so this also is huge! I decided that the pie shell that had been hibernating in my basement freezer needed to be used. Let's just say it was purchased almost before Rylen was born! That's for dessert tonight so here's hoping that they like it!


Well, I should get back to my dinner prep, I'm sure the macaroni is ready to go for another new recipe. Wow, I'm kinda impressed with myself, maybe I will drop that Ellie May Clampett reputation yet!


Have a great night!

Here is a peek of what's to come after I'm done this wedding I'm working on right now.


Aren't they gorgeous?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, can I regale the readers with a post of some of your cooking disasters??? Or shall I be nice and only mention one,which wasn't entirely your fault, but it is one you will never live down......pizza anyone!!!! Remember when you put in pudding instead of baking soda in the pizza dough....Mom unfortunately didn't have it labeled so you had to guess a bit...didn't taste quite right, now had it been dessert pizza.....not nearly so bad:) Love ya Carly girl and I am proud you are doing Turkey stock.....which is actually great in Turkey Tetrazzini!!! Love ya
Nikki