About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, October 29, 2009

What I'm Lovin

So I wouldn't call myself a bargain hunter by any stretch of the imagination. I look for good deals when I'm shopping and am somewhat restrained with my purchases, unless it's H&M or Jacob at my favorite malls in Calgary. I lived with a closet filling shoe junkie growing up and thankfully didn't have to share a closet with her... my sister Nikki did. Nikki had like maybe 3 pairs of shoes and Jenni, well let's just say Jenni and Imelda Marcos rivalled each other for shoes. Okay maybe slight exaggeration (it's a running joke in our family)but she did have lots!
Well today Jenni would be very very proud of me - I bought shoes! My lovely amazing sister inlaw Sheila called our house last night and in the middle of her visit mentioned to Garth that there was going to be a coupon for 50% off everything at Payless Shoes. Sheila works at Payless and we often stop in and shop when we hit Calgary. So I checked out oprah.com this morning and there I saw the coupon - 50% off everything... IN THE STORE! So I printed it off at the office and called Garth, picked him up and headed out to the mall.

We power shopped and bought all our shoes in about 20 minutes (that's all the time we had before having to pick Ry up from Kindergarten). Anyways...... I still can't rival Imelda or Jenni, but I am the proud new owner of 3 pairs of shoes/boots. Woo Hoo!

So what am I lovin today? I'm lovin that I got a deal. I'm lovin that I got a new pair of winter boots (good timing due to today's dump of snow!). I'm lovin that Garth spent some money too so it wasn't just me (this is important people, I can't just be the spender- he needs to be involved too!). I'm lovin that I got a needed pair of boots, a sensible pair of shoes (check out my feet at my next wedding!) and a pair of sexy boots, yup I said sexy boots, Garth seems to like them!

And because I don't like not having a photo to post I grabbed one of today's purchase..... aren't they great? Thanks Sheila - you're my fave!

1 comment:

Joan Ballantyne said...

nice! sweet lookin' boots! and, i really like your engagement photos showing before! Looking forward to the wedding shot location/couple too! have a nice week! xo mom