About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, October 19, 2009

Sweet Dreams

"Mommy, can you rub my hair and sing me a song?" is something I hear just about every night when I tuck my boys in for the night. And I am ashamed to say that most nights recently I've said , "no not tonight, Mommy has to edit". I almost said that again tonight and I am SO GLAD that I didn't. I didn't end up singing to them tonight as I was content to just sit between their beds and rub two heads at the same time. How peaceful to just sit quietly, rub their hair and pray for them. I may have busy days right now trying to fit everything in, but what great perspective to sit on the floor in a semi dark bedroom and do nothing for 20 minutes but care for my two not so little boys. How important touch is and even more important is falling asleep knowing that Mommy is right beside me. It was such a pleasant sound to hear two little people falling to sleep, the steady rythmic breathing that comes with slumber. That question won't last forever and I know that in 5 years from now I am going to be BEGGING for it so now things can be set aside. The dishes will wait, the laundry will wait, even the edits will wait, but what will not wait is my two little boys who just want Mommy around to rub their hair.
It wasn't a big thing to sit there, but it meant the world to me tonight.

And because every post is just a little bit better with a photo, here's what is coming up with my edits.

No comments: