About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, October 23, 2009

Ry giving me tears

Okay, so I love to laugh - ask anyone! Well maybe not anyone, but ask someone who knows me - laughing is part of who I am I think. It's been a crazy couple of weeks trying to get edits done and I have found myself short on sleep which makes me a little short in general so yesterday's break was needed!
So,I found myself laughing out loud a couple times yesterday afternoon which caused many sitting around me to stare as they had no idea what I was laughing about, but I'll share with you!

Rylen has been playing hockey for let's see 3 weeks now? Yup 3 whole weeks and my little superstar has actually seen a lot of improvement over that time. Garth is coaching both Ry and Tysen (they're on the same team this year) and so I get a hour of free time two afternoons a week, but they have to be spent at the rink but I've been really enjoying myself. So much in fact that other parent's around me are thinking that there is something wrong with me.

Now my boys make me laugh quite a bit, I'm often giggling and enjoying myself in their company but this was straight from the belly loud bellowing laugh which then caused me to have a grin on my face for about 20 minutes after the fact.

So Ry has been skating for 3 weeks, but he doesn't skate slowly on the ice, in order to maintain balance Rylen has to basically run on the ice. So picture this little 5 year old running on the ice so he doesn't fall. He is SOAKING wet after practice and asks me to touch his hair to testify to it's wetness. During drills yesterday the coaches had them skate lines back and forth and Ry was doing rather well, his running has slowed down but trust me when that kid masters skating nobody is going to keep up with him! Anyways, during the line drill he was doing great, had skated to the blue line and was now turning around to head back to the boards but was going a little too fast to manage a glide-fall stop. Nope my Ry guy plows right into the boards and bounces off onto the ice. Was I concerned for him? Nope, I was laughing - almost choked on my pumpkin spice latte! This laugh didn't cause too much disruption around me as I reined myself in and composed myself rather quickly.

So after lines had been skated they gave Rylen's line some pucks to practice with. It is kind of chaotic with ten 5 years olds trying to skate and stick handle a puck at the same time, but so far no injuries have occured. So Ry who has a decent shot during street/driveway hockey sets himself up for a shot on net. He's lined up for a shot, squares himself to the puck draws his stick back and connects with the puck and it flies across the ice - BUT so did Ry! Imagine this - Shot - Crash - Mom laughing hysterically in the stands. Thankfully he couldn't hear me as I'm sure he'd be rather ticked off at me, but it was funny! I'm laughing as I type this! The parents around me had no clue why I was laughing and why I couldn't stop - I think all the late night edits have been getting to me - but it was funny. I had a smile on my face for quite a while afterwards - and then when I recounted the events to Garth later that evening tears were rolling down my face again.

I was definitely in a place where I needed some laughs and my poor son falling all over the place provided it for me.

Here is a little peek at another shoot that took place in the last 2 weeks - more photos to follow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can picture you laughing and it got me laughing!! Seeing your nose all scrunched up and your belly laugh going!! Wish I was there to enjoy it in person!!
Nik

Lynn said...

Great post Carly, brought back memories for me of watching my own boys so many years ago. I just love to watch little guys play hockey. Now on the rare occasion it's my grandkids. Such fun!!