About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Best of Friends - Just Because

8:00 AM was a very important time in my day while I was growing up. Without fail through grades 4 to 6 I would receive a phone from my best friend Shelley Mann asking me what I was wearing to school that day. One way or the other I was on the phone every morning I went to school. We would commiserate on what the other was wearing and try to figure out how to best coordinate with the other. You see that is just what best friends did. I would then anticipate the door opening around 8:30 and see Shelley come bounding into my kitchen where she would greet my Mom and we'd head out the door, dressed as much alike as we possibly could. After school involved another tradition, we'd walk home from school (I lived a block away from both elementary and high school- it was great!) and hit the kitchen again. When my mom was home for the day we'd grab some of the fresh chocolate chocolate chip cookies and chow down running through our day. Again something that best friends just did.

In grade 7 Kami Bosch ended up at our back door waiting for me to finish getting ready for school. There was no matchy matchy in grade 7 - you just didn't do that, but you made sure that if one was wearing shorts, so was the other one.

In grade 8 Carolyn Stabbler arrived at my door every morning. Now there were those morning phone calls just to make sure we looked okay, but again not matchy matchy - in grade 8 we were WAAAAY too cool to do that. The cookie tradition reappeared in grade 8 because Carolyn lived just down the hill from me and she HAD to go past my house to get to hers.

Grade 9 saw the reappearance of Kami at my back door, no phone calls, lots of cookies and we dressed as individuals (as much as that happens in grade 9!).

The names may have changed over the years of middle school BUT we were still very much involved in eachother's lives. And thanks to facebook we are now catching up on where eachother is at. We don't call eachother, but those woman/girls are a rather large piece of my history. I can look back over those years and laugh when I think some of things we got ourselves involved in. They were great friends and I will cherish those memories greatly.

The three beautiful girls that I had the chance to catch photos of are in the process of making those memories together right now. They've been friends for a while and after spending some time with them I know they'll be friends for years to come. I'm sure that some of their adventures will bring smiles after they've maybe gotten a little gray and added some lines to their faces. Thankfully they asked for some fall photos so they will be able to remember this time of their lives. I hope to get some more photos of them in a few years when they graduate and I'm sure I'll hear about a few more adventures that took place.

Now I'm not too sure if phone calls were made or not about what to wear but I do know somethings were changed because they were dressed too alike by accident! There is a sign of spending enough time together with your girlfriends when you dress alike without planning!

I know that I posted this one earlier last week, but I had to post it again.... it's my favorite of that afternoon. I love love LOVE it! Aren't they geeeeooorgeous?






1 comment:

Joan Ballantyne said...

Very, very nice Carly! And, I love the walk thru memory lane! I remember those days soooooo well! Having all that fun, noise and girl giggles at our home was so good - i truly do miss that kind of stuff. They were good friends and I do enjoy hearing what is going on in their lives via FB too. Enjoy your day sweetie and the awesome photography eye that the Lord has blessed you with! xo