About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hits and Misses - Just chillin on a chilly day

It's cold today....not suck your breath away in one second kinda cold but still cold.  More like the blast why won't the car start after being plugged in for 2 hours kinda cold.  Oh...you mean that the plug has to be in ALL the way? Oh....got it.  Yup that was the start to my day.  I was all ready to head to the boy's school to help out (like I do every Tuesday) and lo and behold....the car won't start.  Checked the plug, it looked okay...not all the way in, but still in enough that it should juice old blue right up.  I ran outside every 10 minutes checking the car trying to encourage it to start...nothing.  After about 4 trips out I decide to change the extension cord and see what happens.  10 minutes later?  Still nothing.  By that time I'd already called the school to say I wouldn't be there.  Finally after completely forgetting about the car I checked about 1 hour later...tada!! It started!  So a definite miss with this cold weather and stupid extension cords that don't plug in all the way.  That was all a miss.....

Onto today's hits and misses....

Hits
1.  Okay so I'm totally loving a book by Ted Dekker - "Immanuel's Veins" - if you liked Twilight I'd suggest giving it a read.
2.  My new Roots Sweatpants.  Garth bought them for me for Christmas and they are sooooo comfy, cozy and warm!  I wore them to pick up the boys from school today and my legs were nice and toasty!!
3.  The New Year in general....always love the fresh start that January brings!!

Misses
1.  This stinkin' cold weather that causes old blue to seize and not want to start!
2.  My laptop....for crashing just as I was about to burn a recent edit....boo on you! But yay for Memory Express who fixed it!
3.  Boo to whoever decided another season of Snooki and the Jersey Shore gang was needed.  Sorry if I offend any fans out there, but I am NOT a watcher of the show, I have much more important things to do than watch it....like....I totally need to get at those baseboards and clean them.

And so goes another round of Hits and Misses....stay warm!  I'm heading out to make sure old blue is plugged in for tomorrow's adventures.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carly!! I finished Immanuels Veins a few weeks ago and really liked. I need to read it slower next time to really appreciate it though, i plowed through it to find out what happens....but it definitely gets you thinking:) Agree on the hits and misses with ya!:) And when asked the weather and we say it is only -17...that is because we grew up where -30 was the norm:)so, most probably thought yesterday was a take your breath away kind of cold, not us tough sask. gals:)
Love ya
Nik