About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, January 28, 2011

Fabulous Face - Trena

"I'd love to get together and chat with you about your photography and how we can work together" was what her first emailed contained. Now there's my love language!  Talk to me about what I love!  I must admit I was a little nervous at first knowing I was going to sit across a table from someone who makes her living from polishing people's faces with her make-up.  Panic stricken I painstakingly applied my own make up that morning and fretted over every little spot.

Well the fretting was certainly wasted!  Trena greeted me with a hug right away and I knew that even though she makes others look beautiful she was already searching a little deeper than my skin.  She has this gift.  The gift of exuding warmth and friendship from the first meeting.  She is encouraging and very definitely challenging!  I walked away from our first coffee re-energized and excited about what could be ahead for my photography. I mentioned to Garth the other day that Trena is more than just a business contact, but that she is a friend and someone I look forward to getting to know better. 

I'm excited about what is ahead for us this weekend.  Trena (the little mover and shaker) has been in Calgary for 4 months and has already scheduled a photo shoot at a bridal salon for this Sunday.  I'm a little nervous about the whole fashion shoot thing, but like I said in an earlier post ....."it's all about the stretch!"  So look for some posts in the near future from Sunday's shoot (exciting!!).  Anyways you'll see Trena's skilled hand at work in those photos, but to see some now check out her site here .  Trena and I met for a little photoshoot and some coffee the other day. We found a great location for those days that aren't so great and Trena worked it!  You'll see below that this girl knows how to be infront of a camera.  I'm excited to see what the future holds.

 









5 comments:

trena laine olfert said...

Carly!!! I JUST tried to call you but your cell is off...... you just brought tears to my eyes and thank you so much for your kind words! I feel the same about you and any woman I meet. As women we NEED to be each others best friends with unconditional love..... God put us in each others path as we both have gifts to share with others and as the saying goes "teamwork makes the dream work!" Your amazing and I look forward to a fun-filled future with YOU in my life! Keep your light shining within your beautiful self!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Carly of what sounds like an awesome new friend in your life! you did a great job and we know that this shot on Sunday will show some more awesome photography skills on your part! have fun! mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Carly - just visiting facebook today and saw your new opportunity - I am so excited for you!!! What an amazing opportunity - wishing you every success for whatever will come your way! You are an amazing photographer - all the best!!! maryd :-)

There said...

Amazing photos! She comes off as so charismatic and radiant in them. Life just seems to bounce off the page.

Steph @ Sorella Invitation Design said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these snapshots Carly...I see what you mean about Trena - she positively shines :-) Great job you two!!