About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, January 17, 2011

Random Ramble - But Grandma will be so excited to hear this!

So...it's yet again another cold Monday and I'm trying to keep warm at my computer but it can be difficult because it's too close to the front door...time to bring the heater up I think! So I'm cold and wishing pretty badly that I could have a cut of hot chocolate.  Sadly...I can't! 

You see I started a new diet earlier this week for my skin.  Just to recap I was diagnosed with psoriasis just about 3 years ago.  Had a bumpy stretch of it, but it cleared up enough for life to be livable.  I've hit a little bump lately (little bump, compared to before!) and am waiting for some new medicine to come from India.  Yup...India....my sister Nikki found the guy and his meds seem to work.  I went off them for a while to see if they were actually working.  Well....it turns out the meds work!!  I've flared up, ordered the new meds and have decided to be proactive in the meantime.    So this new diet means I can't eat sugar, white flour, chocolate, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, processed meats...I could go on and on, but won't bore you with the details. 

So I found myself in the grocery store today loading up on a pile of veggies that you wouldn't usually find in my house.  I had to laugh (and I did) when I was in the produce section today. "Oh...if Grandma could see me now!" I thought as I sorted through the turnips to find some good ones. Yup...turnips.  Everytime I go to visit grandma she makes turnips and I always have a no thank you helping.  They are NOT my favorite, but I eat them because I love her and I know she went to some trouble to make them.  So I'm thinking that she would be rather excited to hear I'm now on the turnip bandwagon. (I should probably call her for some recipes I suppose!).

I mentioned on facebook the other day that I had downloaded some new music.  When I get new music I play it over and over and over and over and over.  (I could keep typing over and over so you'd get a better idea of how redundant it becomes in my house!).  Garth and I spent an afternoon over the Christmas holidays at the movies with our boys, and my sister's family watching the Chronicles of Narnia:Voyage of the Dawntreader....awesome movie by the way!  Anyways, I made Garth stay in the theater for the credits so we could find out more about the song playing....we never did find out that day..I think we were excited to go and eat some Chinese food (something I can't eat now...sigh).  I remembered the song the other day and downloaded and have now actually lost track how many times it's been played in our house.  I'm sure my boys could probably sing it word for word by now!  It's stuck in my head so I figured I'd share it with you....Carrie Underwood....her voice gives me goosebumps!  If I wasn't already in the midst of working my dream job I'd love to have her vocal chops and record a CD!  But my camera beckons! 

I've also attached a little sneak peek of an engagement shoot from earlier this month....so excited to finish the edit...I'm loving it so far!!






No comments: