About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Because - Jen - Calgary Lifestyle Photography

Picolo.....Pick-oe-low.....Pick.  Don't really know why I decided why that should be her nickname, but I called her that when she was 7 and it stuck.  I do remember it having something to do with Happy Days and the character of Jenny Picolo.  Now mind you she is absolutely nothing like Jenny Picolo from Happy Days except that she is as funny as her nicknamesake is.  (Okay..nicknamesake...is that a word or did I just come up with an addition to the Oxford Dictionary?)

Anyways, back to Pick....er Jen, my sister.  Let me tell you a little bit about my baby sister.  She has quite the imagination that girl!  If you ever sat down for a coffee with her and asked her about her childhood let me tell ya she could spin a tall tale or two I'm sure!  She seems to take some sort of sick pride in maligning my wonderful and good name.  To this day I can honestly say I have absolutely no recollection of pushing her down the basement stairs...AND... I didn't force her to touch the red hot stove top burner, I just suggested it to see how hot it was...she COULD have said no people!!!  She has been known at times to join forces with my other sister Nikki to further slander my good name.  Yup...a tag team effect those two...you never know what is going to happen when they are together!! Thankfully I think they've put those tales of days gone by behind them and have come to appreciate their older sister for who she is: older, more beautiful and way wiser! ;-) 

All joking aside I love my sister Jen.  She is an amazing woman, I've watched her deal with life's hurdles with humility, humor and grace.  She makes me laugh, she surprises me, she supports me and encourages me.  Our family was so priviledged to have Jen stay with us for a month a few years ago....it was a hard month health-wise, but having Jen there gave me a little push to get me through.  She is one of the three Charlie's Angels that always make an appearance at family gatherings, if she is acting up we make her be Bosley!She is a talented woman and has recently taken up photography (woot woot!) and I'm hoping she'll join me this summer for at least one wedding! 

These photos were taken a beautiful fall day in Regina where we wandered around Wascana Park and played with our cameras....I had a blast!  Jen lives way too far away for my liking, but I can't control her ....anymore!!  Even though we don't see eachother as often as we'd like I still count her among one of my best friends.  I love ya Jen!





 Every single shot I took of her in this set had her toes up....it must be some wierd genetic thing...I think Nikki has it too.


This is Jen making eyes at the strange guy riding his bike through our photo shoot. 
 I think she liked his circa 1970 adidas shorts he had going on!

Isn't she gorgeous?
I think I failed to mention that we look totally alike!


FYI - This is my blog and I can say what I like....whether it's true or not!
Right Nik? Right Jen?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waffling between laughter and longing here!!! Man do I miss my baby sister with my whole heart. Seeing these pics takes me back so many years and to so many memories. FYI - it was me that you pushed my hand on to the hot burner on the stove!!!:) Jen had the misfortune of the stairs....and these are not made up stories are they Gus!?!?!
The one of her looking at the shorts guy....that is such a Jen look. And yes, you are both gorgeous girls and I am so glad I can call you sisters as well as friends!!! I love ya and miss ya both.
And yes, it is your blog, so you can say what you want...truth or not, I guess....:)
Nik

Anonymous said...

oh Carly!!!! I was laughing so very hard! thank you. awesome pics of Jen!!! She truly is beautiful and i agree it would be great to have her closer by than REGINA - who wants to live where it's -48 on any given day. ;-)

love these shots and the beauty and person that you have shown. hugs and love - mom xoxo

Page said...

I may not know either of you but the obvious affection and love written all over this post made me smile. :)