About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Monday, November 30, 2009

Gavin & Dawn - Round Two- Wedding

Gavin and Dawn were married in this May, I posted some of their wedding earlier in the year. It was a beautiful day, unforunately the photos ended rather abruptly due to a surprise rain storm and slight hail fest. We had about maybe another 20 minutes scheduled for photos at THE MOST beautiful spot. Which incidentally was right out their front window across the road. At Ken and Haley's wedding in September they both happened to be in the wedding party and we had a tux and of course Dawn still had her dress so we figured.... why not?

Sunday after church we met in their front yard and proceeded to catch those photos that had been missed. I had great plans in May to shoot in the field across from their place and had it all planned out so set out to create my idea again. I found a cafe set in someone's front yard, proceeded to swipe it for an hour and then return it later (I did sort of ask for permission- it belonged to my Mom's friend - so I figured it wouldn't be too bad!!).

So I did get to shoot that idea that had been festering in my mind - you've gotta love my brides - they accomodate my ideas and let me do what I like - talk about trust!

I must admit that they turned out okay (I've only posted one of them), not very standard or real I suppose, but the field screamed out a formal picnic scene. I think I'll hit up Gavin and Dawn or maybe Ken and Haley or ooooo ooooo IDEA! You'll just have to wait for next spring or summer for that blog post. Now I'm EXCITED!!!

Okay, off the rabbit trail and back to the photos - we had a gorgeous fall afternoon, it was actually warmer that afternoon that it was on their own wedding day in May. I had a great time with them out in the fields, they have a serious gorgeous view out their front window - I'd love to wake up to that view every morning! Marriage seems to agree with them, I didn't have any problems having them get close!

So here are some photos from Gavin and Dawn - Round two.

Enjoy!
Let me know what you think - I love comments!!!
















1 comment:

Joan Ballantyne said...

Carly - seriously - the pictures are sooooooo GOOD!!!! and, of course the bride is beautiful and the groom handsome! I love what you did - shall have to spread this around to a few people and tell them to look! G'ma went thru your whole blog the other day and loved them all! :-) love and hugs - Me xoxo