About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, November 5, 2009

I just don't get it

The sun is rapidly setting as I type this blog post..... at 4pm!!!! Yes you read correctly.... 4pm.
I haven't said it before but I now officially hate Daylight Savings Time. Whose time are they saving? Not mine that is for sure. I would much rather wake up in the dark instead of walking my boys home from school needing a flashlight! Okay so maybe not that bad, but seriously having to turn lights on in my house before 4pm is nuts! If you have a nap in the afternoon prepare yourself for complete disorientation. When we came up here for interviews 5 years ago I was pregnant in the stage of needing lots of extra sleep and remember waking up from an afternoon nap in a strange house and peeked out the window to see what was going on only to see pitch black at dinner time. That was another con about moving further north. I had many cons at the time of those interviews, but I'll save those for another post or two! No cons anymore, except for the lack of light!!

Let's just put aside the whole getting dark early how about the fact that my now normally early rising boys are now awake.... EARLIER!!! 6am Lego building is not the way to start a day that I actually get to sleep in.

The one good thing from this whole thing is that I still get great sunsets out my window - they DO NOT and never will compare to Saskatchewan sunsets, but they are still gooders!!

Enjoy what I get to see out my window.


1 comment:

Joan Ballantyne said...

i love those sunset pics Carly!! They are awesome and your new family pic postings are great too - neat playground! have fun editing! love and hugs - me