About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, November 13, 2009

Just not entirely thought thru

I have good ideas.... sometimes I even have GRRRRREAT ideas! And other times my ideas just aren't completely thought thru before I start them. BUT... those times don't happen too often thankfully!

Like the time I thought it would be a great idea to move the boys sandbox. Yup, you heard me MOVE THE SANDBOX!!! Now this wasn't just a little green plastic turtle sandbox that holds 10 ice cream pails full of sand. This was a monstrous wooden sandbox that Garth had painstakingly built with some help from his boys and needed a half ton box of sand to fill it. So this box was bigger than a king sized bed and I thought it would be a GREAT idea to move it! Now with some of my ideas Garth just has to walk away from because he knows he will need to rest up for the work he will have to do later on to help me finish it up! And in this case he wasn't even home yet to realize that he'd have to rest up for it!

Anyways, I proceeded to empty the sandbox onto the hugest tarp I could find in the shed. I had a little help for a while from the boys but then they took a little break in the hammock while mommy slaved away at it by herself. And I got it emptied and I even got the sandbox moved to the new location across the backyard. I took a little break and was pretty proud of myself until I realized that I now needed to put all the sand back (not too hard huh?). Except.... that the pile of sand was where the old sandbox was and I now had to move the sand all the way across the yard - did I mention that we don't own a wheelbarrow? Many hours later I did complete my task by getting a little creative and ended up using the boys wagon as a wheel barrow of sorts and did get the sand all moved. It was very satisfying to see that I had moved the sandbox and had done it all by myself. Had I thought it through I would have either realized my problem before it happened OR I wouldn't have moved the stupid thing in the first place! The sad thing? I wasn't entiredly sold on it's new location! Sigh! Oh well, we moved the next summer and I'm now pestering Garth to build another one because the boys miss it and I need something to move!

Anyways, the following photos are from a recent wedding where I had this great idea, but didn't think it through entirely. I had the group all set up and ready to go, had the timing down and everything was looking good. What did I miss? My shutter speed! Not the effect I was looking for in the end, but I love them! You can definitely see who the clown in the wedding party was! Sometimes I am surprised when I go through to edit. Something that I thought wouldn't be real great ends up being one of my favorites of the day!

Have a great weekend! I've got a morning wedding tomorrow and am looking forward to my time with the couple. I'm hoping that either it snows a little bit more to whiten things up or that we get 15 degree celcius temperatures this afternoon to entirely melt it! I'll post something tomorrow.

No comments: