About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Thursday, October 7, 2010

38 years ago they said "I do"

On October 7, 1972 the bride wore a dress of her own creation, a white A-line floor length gown trimmed with purple and yellow daisies around the waist.  The groom wore a suit.  I'm really lacking anymore details because the photographer they asked managed to buy slide film for his camera instead of print film which resulted in not too many great photos to look at. Slide film?  Come on! Oh... only if I'd been around for that day... they'd have oodles of photos! But I was not there... you see I was a twinkle in their eyes at that time.  Yup.  My Mom and Dad are celebrating 38 years today.

38 years.... and they've packed a LOT in those 38 years.   My childhood was special and mostly in part to these two.  They made sacrifices so our family could have some aMAzing experiences.  Every summer we travelled somewhere in western Canada and the western U.S. in our car and sleeping in our tent. They got us involved in a great church that was an extended family for us.  I heard "I love you Carly" every single day and it's one of my most precious memories and one of the many things that Garth and I make certain to carry on in our home.

My Mom was and is a chocolate nut! I come by it naturally/genetically and I do think that her gift of cookie making was passed down to me.  My Mom had an open door policy with my friends, it was a very odd day when one or two extra girls didn't tromp into the kitchen looking for fresh chocolate chocolate chips cookies or even better.. the dough!  My parents provided a safe place for my friends to come and hang out and talk.  I could guarantee that several of my high school friends are my mom's friends on facebook because of those visits she had... and the cookies!  Dad was often busy with work or sermon prep but he always made time for us.  He coached my fastball team for several years and ran alongside me as I trained for track and helped me with biology more times than I can count!  I know that my parents spent a lot of time on their knees in prayer for us girls and that too is something I hope to carry on.  I carry close the memory of still being awake the night before my wedding listening to my dad pray over me. I know that it wasn't the first time he'd done that and Garth and I now find ourselves praying over our boys at night. 

My parents have lasted 38 years and I'm so proud of the model they have provided for us and countless other couples.  No marriage is bump free, but they've come through those bumpy times stronger and more in love than ever.  Garth and I are so blessed to call them Mom and Dad and look forward to being around to celebrate 50 years with you on a beach on Hawaii!

I had the pleasure of spending a few days in Houston with Mom and Dad in September and made sure we got some photo time in!  Like me, my Dad is often behind the camera instead of infront and these photos of him are the first ones I can actually remember seeing in a long long time.  They were well behaved and were compliant most of the time and I hope they had as much fun as I did!







 For those of you who know my Mom... this shot was a two snorter!  And a typical scene for these two.  Mom laughing at something and Dad laughing at her laugh!


 This one is a keeper... not too many shots of him around!

 This photo is Mom in a nutshell.... more often than not she's laughing!


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Beautiful tribute Carly!! These are great pictures and I easily identify with the 2 snorter!LOL

Poor Hudson and his slide film:D at least he was willing!