About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Friday, October 15, 2010

The Clements Family - Calgary Family Photographer

I laugh a lot when I'm with this family... actually probably a lot of people laugh with this family... note I said with them not at them.  The Clements family have been part of our recent Calgary life since we basically got here. Garth had met them when we first got here and I'd heard about them briefly (I think he wanted my first impression to be my first impression). Well I got my first impression! After our first Sunday at Bethany I'd been visiting with one new friend and I suddenly hear, "Okay Kim you've had her for long enough... I want to monopolize her now." And that was my introduction to Jacqueline and her family. She called me just about every day that first week to check up on me making sure that I didn't follow the boy's bus on their first ride to school and to basically just make me feel welcome and to make me laugh (or at least that's what she did). This family definitely made the transition to Calgary a lot easier for our whole family.

 I could give you loads of examples of how they poured love onto our family but will just give you one - Tys celebrated his 8th birthday 12 days after we moved here...so you can imagine that it was rather low key as we didn't know anyone to invite over.  So we did our usual family birthday dinner (birthday person chooses where) and came home for some birthday brownies and a game.  We'd just gotten to the brownies when the doorbell rang and the Clements were on the doorstep with presents for both Tys and Ry!  They stayed for some brownies and we laughed.

We consider ourselves blessed to have Bill, Jacqueline, Bryce and Brent in our lives.  And even though Bill doesn't really like chocolate I think I'll be able to spend more time with them.  And despite Jacqueline's attempts at me drinking coffee I've still been able to hold her off.... unless a latte is considered coffee!  I sometimes feel sorry for Garth and Bill as us girls can get a little loud with our laughter, but I guess they've had a few years to work through it alone, maybe they'll bond over the volume.  I am certain that you will see and hear more about this family on this blog as we anticipate spending more time with them.

I got to spend a little time with their family a couple weeks ago before all the gorgeous fall colors disappeared and the snow fell.  I could have a whole posting of Jacqueline outtakes.  This girl is a hoot!  The poses she was throwing at me had me laughing out loud more often than not.  Thanks for making this photo shoot so much fun you guys. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I had taking them!

If you're wanting to update your wall with some new photos, drop me a message or check out the contact page on www.ckoop.com






Okay.... aren't they gorgeous!  I think this is my favorite family photo.  I could go on and on about it, but I won't b/c I don't want to clog up this blog!



Okay so maybe it wasn't just Jacqueline saying and doing things for a laugh...
I may have participated too!





I had asked them to change up their positioning a little bit and Brent decided that doing the Macarena was the best bet for change. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shots Carly!! I do like their family one you mentioned a lot as well.....too bad Morgan wasn't a few years older:) We really like the Clement family as well.......we only got to meet them once, at a party at your house, but I was impressed with the boys involvement with the little kids and I really liked visiting with Jacqueline a lot....she does get you laughing....I didn't visit with Bill as much, but he seems pretty nice to. Glad that you have them there with you all!!