About Me

I am many things, a wife, a mother, a friend, a follower and a photographer. This blog is to highlight my photography and parts of my life through photography.Photography is a great passion of mine but does not eclipse my relationships with my Lord, my husband, or my boys. If you are interested in my photography and would like more information, check out my website www.ckoop.com
I am a Calgary-based life photographer that captures your "life moments"- your wedding, engagement, family, high school graduation or just because photos. Check out the blog for previous wedding, engagement and family photo sessions. Check out my photography website to see more www.ckoop.com




Sunday, October 31, 2010

Time for a change

I'm not a big Halloween fan... BUT... I did look forward to every year in PG because I'd get to decorate my van. Yup my van. Our PG church would hold a trunk or treat every Halloween night.  They'd have a few games, wagon ride, snacks and then all the kids and their parents would head out to the parking lot and go trick or treating from the backs of our vehicles.  It was a great way to get to know people in the neighborhood and gave the boys enough candy that we didn't have to hit the streets later.

But back to my van.... I am a theme girl and would theme out the back of the trunk.  Pirates, super heroes, cars.... lots of different ideas. And the best part?  I'd dress to match!  So last year was superhero themed so I went as.... Ginormica!!!!.... from Monsters vs. Aliens for those of you uninformed.  I think my boys loved the fact that I'd join them in the whole process of deciding what to be and then getting my costume together. 

This year?  I'm actually relieved to say that we didn't even have to buy costumes!  No party at school or church so we just grabbed stuff already in our tickle trunk.  So tonight Spiderman, a hockey player and a teenager (full on droopy pants, ipod and headphones, toque and cell phone at the ready) left my house to bring back some treats for me to eat! After all, I stayed home to race to the door everytime it rang....don't I get to eat some of the good stuff? 

There was no van to decorate today and I didn't get to match my trunk BUT... I am getting to meet some neighbors.  Change isn't always bad.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beeeuuuuutiful Ginormica you made too!! What a fun Mom you are. The boys looked pretty cute too. Can't wait to see this years pictures of the 3 men in your life.....
love ya
Nik